Followers

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The new job.... 8:56am

BORING BORING BORING well the first day was totally boring. Well this is how the day started... I met with Emalee at Chevron, we went in and got drinks then drove over to go into IRS for the first time. The whole time I'm texting Emalee having a good time being scared out of my wits, then I notice I only have one bar on my phone. No biggie I will be with Emalee I wont need to text and I can just call or text Jason on lunch no worries right.... WRONG!!! Well I get to the guard and they make Emalee go a different way. So the guard looks and looks and looks and what my name is NOT on the list. So he gives my ID to the other security guard and she goes in the office to call. I pull over to the visitor parking and go in. She says "they said you denied the position" I asked her what does that mean. Well I cant go in and I have to call personnel. Of course they have no number or name to give me so now I'm stuck needing to get in and them not letting me in. So I called Emalee freaking out "They won't let me in they said that I denied the position". Well my wonderful best friend totally keeps her cool and says just go up to personnel and talk to them they will get it figured out. As I pull out of course the traffic is backed way up because all the new hires are trying to get in and there is road construction on the road so it is really backed up. I pick up my phone hoping that maybe just maybe I have a saved message on my phone where someone on personnel has called me. AH CRAP OLIE I only have one bar. So praying that I have enough battery and an old message on my phone I make the call to my voice messaging. THANK HEAVEN what was the first saved message on my phone... personnel telling me that they received my ACCEPTANCE letter and if I have any other questions to please feel free to call them back. I called and their computers are running slow so I'm waiting and waiting for them to pull up my information. Now don't forget I only have one bar left on my phone. Well finally after 10 minutes they find my information and there is no reason that I should not be in that office right now. But give them a few minutes and they can see what they can do to get me in. So finally after an hour of waiting and dreading that my phone will die I get let in. The good news I missed a hour of boring lecture. My heart is totally not broken over that. The bad news I have 7 more hours of lecture HAHAHA they say you didn't dodge that bullet. Well I lived through that get back to where we are going to be working only to find out that we will be losing our job next Wednesday. Yes they will call us back to work but not for 3 weeks, maybe 2 but probably 3. That totally sucks and then they tell me that the shift they gave us 4 pm to 12:30 am that, that was only for the first day that the shift is going to actually be 4:30 to 1 am yes I know it is only a half hour difference but still that is a half hour later.

OKAY OKAY enough of the gripes

Over all I think I will be totally happy there. We are allowed to wear what we want as long as it is not sexual. We can sit and work on soft chairs, we can arrange the desks to fit our needs. There is nice break rooms close by. With cheaper drinks then the gas station. And I will be able to work with my two most treasured most loved best friends Jason my husband and Emalee my bestest friend ever. So all in all I am way excited. Just a rough first day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

me so happy!

J.R. Johansson said...

sitting in a soft chair wearing comfy clothes does a lot for me in a job.

I hope you really like it.

Sarah Rambles said...

sorry you had a rough hour. But sitting at a job after working for so long on your feet is a nice thing!

Hope you like it!